Thursday, February 07, 2008

bagong tula



HABLONDAWANI

And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth. Genesis 9: 12-16


Kan enot ko ining mahiling
pagkatapos kan uran, garo ini
tinaraytay na mahamis na dulsi.

Hinapot ko si Tatay kun ano man
idtong nakadukot sa langit.
Nagsusugal siya kaidto

asin limang beses nang nadaog
kaya gayod tinapirang niya ako,
binulyawan asin nakilagan

ako na garo buot kong kakanon
na ako kan daga asin siya man garo
napasupog na tuminama an kamot

sa lawog ko na dinaklag baga nin gapo.
Nanrulungsi ako dangan nagpurula.
Nagraralunubig na an mata sa handal.

Kan pig-akoy-akoy ako ni Tatay
na garo baga kuykoy asin pinugolan an paghibi,
pighapot giraray ako kun ano an pigkukulibat

ko saiya asin pigtingkalag man an langit
na garo baga naghahanap nin mga panganoron
na susugoon na makikawat sa sakuya,

pighapihap niya si tinamaan niya
asin kinulkol ako, pinanugaan na dai
na mauutro an siring na pangyayari.



• There is a center in Naga City known as Hablondawani (the Bikol word for rainbow) where alleged rape and incest victims are brought and being taken care by the nuns of Religious of Good Shepherd (RGS). This poem was written after a visit to the place.

No comments: